Where are you going?
Zone 5 Roaming Charges
Cruise ships and aircraft
|Usage||Standard charge for Zone 5||Charge with Roaming Booster for Zone 5|
|Calls to local, UK & Rep. of Ireland*||£3.31 / min||£3.31 / min|
|Calls to rest of world*||£3.31 / min||£3.31 / min|
|Receiving calls*||£3.31 / min||£3.31 / min|
|Sending texts||66p / message||66p / message|
|Data usage**||£16.54 / MB||£16.54 / MB|
Zone 4 Roaming Charges
Other International destinations
|Usage||Standard charge for Zone 4||Charge with Roaming Booster for Zone 4|
|Calls to local, UK & Rep. of Ireland*||£1.76 / min||93p / min|
|Calls to rest of world*||£3.41 / min||£1.76 / min|
|Receiving calls*||£1.76 / min||93p / min|
|Sending texts||56p / message||28p / message|
|Data usage**||£13.23 / MB||£6.62 / MB|
Zone 3 Roaming Charges
|Usage||Standard charge for Zone 3 - roaming||Charge with Roaming Booster for Zone 3 - roaming|
|Calls to local, UK & Rep. of Ireland*||£1.20 / min||66p / min|
|Calls to rest of world*||£2.31 / min||£1.20 / min|
|Receiving calls*||£1.20 / min||66p / min|
|Sending texts||44p / message||22p / message|
|Data usage**||£6.62 / MB||£3.31 / MB|
Zone 2 Roaming Charges
|Usage||Standard charge for Zone 2 - roaming||Charge with Roaming Booster for Zone 2 - roaming|
|Calls to local, UK & Rep. of Ireland*||66p / min||38p / min|
|Calls to rest of world*||£1.20 / min||66p / min|
|Receiving calls*||66p / min||0p / min|
|Sending texts||34p / message||17p / message|
|Data usage**||56p / MB||28p / MB|
Zone 1 Roaming Charges
|Usage||Standard charge for Zone 1 - Roaming||Charge with Roaming Booster for Zone 1 - Roaming|
|Calls to local, UK & Rep. of Ireland*||54p / min||32p / min|
|Calls to rest of world*||99p / min||54p / min|
|Receiving calls*||54p / min||0p / min|
|Sending texts||22p / message||12p / message|
|Data usage**||56p / MB||12p / MB|
All calls charges above are per minute unless otherwise stated. Calls to premium rate will cost more and vary depending on final calling destination.
* 20p connection charge applies to all chargeable calls
** Data charged in 0.2MB increments
Please note on Condor Ferries and other ships you may connect to a maritime satellite network. These networks have premium charges, and all usage is outside of bundle or booster inclusions.
Due to recent changes by US networks, to access voice and sms services you will need to enable VoLTE (also known as 4G voice) on your handset. If this is available on your handset you will find the option within you network settings. Please note not all handsets support VoLTE, and the potential lack of voice and SMS services is outside of Sure’s control. Please also do note you do not need to have mobile data enabled to access VoLTE voice and sms services.
Roaming Data Boosters
If you’re a frequent traveller to the UK and EU and want to use your phone just like you do at home, adding a recurring 2GB or 5GB of roaming data will keep you connected while you travel.
Our super flexible boosters can be added and removed as required.*
- Valid for Zone 1 & Zone 2 data roaming only
- Get 2GB for £5.25 per month
- Get 5GB for £11.00 per month
*Valid from the date you buy the booster to the end of that calendar month. Can be cancelled at any time but no refund is given for unused days within that calendar month. Recurring monthly charge of £5.25 or £11.00. Available on Sure Pay Monthly mobile plans only. Ts&Cs apply.
Cut the cost of calling when you're abroad with our Roaming Booster. It 's perfect if you travel occasionally and gives you all these benefits*. For just £5.25 per month you'll get:
- 12p/MB data when you’re roaming in UK, France and Republic of Ireland
- 28p/MB data when you’re roaming in Zone 2
- 50% off all other data prices worldwide**
- 50% off all calls and texts you make when you are abroad to any destination worldwide**
- Free incoming calls in Zones 1 and 2 plus 50% off incoming calls in Zones 3 and 4
* Valid from the date you buy it to the end of that calendar month. Can be cancelled at any time but no refund is given for unused days within that calendar month. ** All boosters exclude calls/texts to premium rate and non-geographic numbers and all usage from Zone 5 - cruise ships and aircraft. Ts&Cs apply.
A few travel tips
Make sure you know how to turn off data roaming on your phone.
Our Pay Monthly plans all have a cap of £50, for your calls, texts and data. We can increase or reduce this limit if you prefer. Dial *#200# to check your limit and see how much is left.
If you bought your plan before 11th May 2018 we only provide roaming caps on your data. Find out more about roaming caps.
If you’re a Pay As You Go customer you’ll need to top up your credit to use your phone abroad.
It’s easy to run up a big bill when you’re travelling, especially if you’re streaming movies or doing a lot of social media browsing. Here are some tips to help you control your spending:
- Turn off your mobile data and use local WiFi to browse the internet and use your apps.
- Disable location services, background updates and WiFi Assist unless you really need them for maps as they can run up charges even when your mobile data is off.
- Avoid premium or non-geographic numbers (they usually start with 09 but can be others).
- You could be charged for accessing your voicemail, so you may want to turn it off. Here’s more information on how to use your voicemail while travelling.
- If you need to contact us when you are away just call +44 1481 700700 (charge applies).
- If you want to be extra sure you’re not being charged, contact us and we’ll put a block on your data roaming before you leave.