Why work for Sure?
We’re a major employer in Guernsey and a rapidly growing business in Jersey and the Isle of Man.
Across the islands, we deliver mobile, broadband, fixed line, data centre and enterprise solutions to consumers, corporate and public sector clients as well as carrier services to other telecoms providers around the globe.
This diverse customer base means that we offer a wide range of career opportunities - from corporate and retail sales and customer support, to engineering, product design and network design and consultancy. As you may expect we also have significant IT, marketing, finance, HR and facilities management support functions, all integral to our business.
Here are the top reasons why we can offer our employees a highly rewarding career:
- You’ll work in a fast-paced, technologically advanced environment, with other highly skilled, passionate people dedicated to what they do.
- We are part of the global Batelco Group, which operates across 14 markets internationally in locations as diverse as Bahrain, Jordan, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Egypt, Maldives, Diego Garcia, St. Helena, Ascension Islands, and Falklands.
- We’re big enough to offer you the security and career progression that you want, but small enough that you can make a real difference to other islanders, and enrich the lives of our customers.
Visit our Careers page on LinkedIn to view our latest vacancies.
In addition to our career opportunities at Sure, we also have a number of student opportunities if you are a school or college leaver read more below.
Sure Bursary Specifically for Women
A brand new bursary will assist motivated and ambitious women who are passionate about technology and will be attending university to study a Science, Technology, Engineering or Maths (STEM) related degree.
Sure bursary students will receive £1,500 a year to support their studies over the course of a three-year degree, six weeks’ paid work experience annually and ongoing support from female mentors in a range of senior positions at Sure. To apply, submit your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants will be assessed against their future career aspirations, passion for learning, entrepreneurial mind-set and aptitude for team work.
Sure Academy Opportunities
What is the Sure Academy?
The Sure Academy is a two-year paid employment programme. It is part of our commitment to offer local people a channel into the workplace and provide an opportunity for bright, enthusiastic and motivated school and college leavers to join our business and gain practical training, an internationally recognised qualification and a high quality experience that will lead to an exciting and challenging career.
Why would you want to join the Sure Academy?
As well as the top reasons above:
- You’ll be earning money while gaining experience and getting practical ‘on the job’ training, which can be a great alternative to University.
- You'll work in a fast-paced technologically advanced environment, with other highly skilled, passionate people dedicated to what they do.
- We’ll sponsor you to gain an internationally recognised qualification - all while getting paid!
- It’s the starting point for a fantastic career!
What would you be doing?
The Academy schemes offered are:
Sure Commercial Academy
The Commercial Academy scheme will give an insight in to our Product, Marketing and Carrier Services divisions. Find out how Sure products are researched, designed and delivered to our customers, how we develop marketing campaigns for our products, services and brand as well as supporting our Carrier Services team.
Sure Technical Academy
The original Academy scheme has been running successfully for a number of years, and many past Academy members now work in permanent roles within Sure, proving the ideal stepping stone to a long term career in telecommunications. You'd spend time with Sure's engineering teams across our mobile, fixed and corporate business lines and in a customer support role within retail, gaining experience in both technical and commercial environments. This role would suit someone with an advanced level qualification such as GCE A Level, BTEC or NVQ, ideally in an IT-based subject.
Frequently asked questions
The scheme is a two-year programme.
The Sure Academy is a two-year programme and might be for you if you:
- are based in Guernsey, Jersey or the Isle of Man.
- are age 17 or over, seeking a career in engineering and/or telecommunications.
- have passed an advanced qualification such as A Levels, Baccalaureate, BTEC or NVQ, most probably in a science, engineering or IT related subject.
- would like to continue your studies and gain an internationally recognised technical qualification (sponsored by Sure).
If you are interested in finding out more then please get in touch with us by emailing email@example.com.